Roses are red and so is bacon…
The way to your man’s (or lady’s) heart is with these bacon roses. These are super easy to make and will be better than any other bouquet you find andddd you can eat.
What you will need:
- Bacon (One strip makes one rose so as little or as much as you want)
- Muffin tin (big or small)
- Bouquet of fake flowers (Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s)
- Vase to hold the bouquet (or a glass or your hands…)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Gently pull the flowers off the steams of your flowers, leaving the “bud” part (this is where your “roses” will sit
- Take one strip of bacon at a time and roll it into a rosette
- Use two toothpicks to secure your rose and help it not tip over while baking
- Grease your pan
- Place your roses into the tin using the toothpicks to keep the bacon rose from touching the bottom (allows the grease to drain and your bacon to get crispyyy)
- Bake 30-40 minutes (until crispy)
- Drain your roses on paper towels to soak up extra grease and remove the toothpicks
- Place your rose on the “bud” of your bouquet and place them in your vase
- Give it to someone that deserves bacon roses!
These are really perfect for any occasion, I mean its bacon…
I usually make my husband a bouquet for an anniversary or special day and grab some of his favorite beer to put next to it with a funny card and its an ideal dude (or dudette) gift.